Wednesday, October 03, 2007

Hair Run

I had the Hair Run again last night (see below for the definition of Hair Run). Because it is getting dark earlier now (damn Fall, damn You!), I'm leaving for my run as soon as I can get home from work. While Mr. Gravity cooks dinner, I'm running the neighborhood with my cherry-face and sweat glow.

Last night was a Super Hair Run. I'm running a little over 3 miles at a time during the week (two days a week), and saving the long run for the weekend. My 3 miles are run in the neighborhood, and my sub is a bunch of hills. In fact, the sub name has the word "Hill" in it. Truth in advertising, people. I'm hitting inclines of as much as 10% (in 2 spots). But, even so, my Hair Run was done in 34 minutes. I AM A GOLDEN GOD! (Bonus points for knowing what movie that comes from).

I felt GREAT, I felt STRONG. So I'm looking forward to trying 8 miles on Saturday morning, at least until I'm about halfway into the run. Wish me luck, dear reader...

And speaking of luck, Viel Gluck und Viel Spasse for those of you running Chicago this weekend! I'll be thinking of you!

-K

No comments: