Monday, October 15, 2007

Off the Fence

Sorry to disappoint the one COG reader out there (thanks, Fun Guv!) but I'm falling off the fence into the "Not Running" side. I've put a lot of thought into it, and I want my first Half (or full) marathon to be done the right way. Training done properly; feel good about my effort; feel good about my results. If I attempt the 13.1 miles this Sunday, I won't do well. I certainly won't feel well. And I'll just feel discouraged from this running hobby of mine. I don't want to kill that passion, especially since right now the romance has cooled a bit and it is a chore for me to motivate. Fear not, faithful reader. I haven't given up. Running and I just don't play well together right now.

So the plan is to switch races to the wimpy little 5K and run it in a record time for me. I'm aiming for somewhere around 30 minutes. If I can't run the bigger race, I can at least do a personal best on the one I do run. Next year, I will run the Detroit Half-Marathon, and I will hopefully run it well. Anyone running Sunday...see you there!


-K

2 comments:

Fun Guv said...

In Mike's defense he was in St. Lo with no access to a computer for anything fun.

You're running and really, that's all that really matters. So you don't do the 1/2 this year...you and Mike can run the beginning of it together next year ~ I believe he plans on doing the full...or maybe you guys can run the whole thing together....it is a year away.

Anonymous said...

If you can get Mike to run with you, let me know the secret. I've tried unsuccessfully to get that to happen in a race for almost two years now. ;)