Thursday, August 09, 2007

Two More Days of Freedom

I've had, blessedly, this past few days off before I start my new job. It has been interesting to have my days unstructured and Mr. Gravity isn't here either (the poor slob has to slog to work this week as I roll over in bed).

So what does one do with unexpected time off? Errands, lots and lots of errands. And dealing with the afternoon slow drivers. And getting my watch repaired. And grocery shopping next to the mom that appears to be buying 3 children, because they are all stacked inside the cart. Where is the bar code on that? And how do I avoid that aisle? I'm SURE they aren't low fat.

Along with looking forward to a new professional start, I've also confirmed that I've lost 25 pounds since the end of January. I had a doctor's appointment today, so I was weighed out of obligation. I haven't weighed myself since March and have been avoiding doing so (don't want to get numbers obsessed, Mike P). But I am very happy with where my weight loss is at right now. I have confirmation that the hard work of running 3-4 times per week and (mostly) sticking to my diet really works. I'm not sure what weight I want to hit, so I'm planning on concentrating on my fitness schedule and not eating a lot of crap. Wherever that takes me, I'll go there.

Mr. Gravity and I had a quick trip to Nova Scotia over the weekend to visit some very dear friends. The area is BEAUTIFUL, I highly recommend visiting and it would probably be even more beautiful in late September. Of course, it helps to have good company, of which we had in abundance. It was great to visit old friends, make new ones (M & J have a 6 month old boy) and be there for milestones (C's first taste of food that wasn't milk). Thanks for the hospitality guys!

That's all for now, I'll update about the new job soon...

-K

2 comments:

Animal said...

Yes: concentrate on how you FEEL...not what the numbers might tell you. Congrats!

Mike said...

awesome...

yep, forget about the weight. It'll just check going naturally.

Congrats.

see you next weekend. Can;t wait for the job update