Monday, August 20, 2007

The people you meet

I was really excited to meet my new blog friends over the weekend. Mr. Gravity and I went to Mike's 10th annual 30th birthday party on Saturday (somehow that makes him 39 and not 40, but I'm not arguing with his math 'cause he's my elder).

It is always nice to meet someone face to face that you've been blogging with here and there. Yes, Animal and Great Lakes Running Gal, I mean you(s). The experience was one that, even though I don't know shit about this person, I felt like we were old friends. It probably helps that Mike and I clicked in that way, and that we all have similiar experiences with college and the like (as scary and wrong as that may be). Mr. G and I had much fun, and we stayed WAY longer than we thought we would (since we knew only the host and hostess before we got there).

Many Labatts and some late night munchie pizza later, we felt like we'd been with these people before (in a good way). Thanks all for the evening...I'm glad we made new friends. I realize that Mr. Gravity's Swedish Chef performance sealed the deal on our future friendship. You all should feel privileged, as he busts that one out very rarely...blog on, bloggers!

-K

1 comment:

Fun Guv said...

Glad you came and glad you guys stayed on later than you planned. We had a great time hanging with you guys. I have the Swedish Chef video, I just need to get it lightened up a little bit, you were the one standing in the light, not Mr. Gravity!