Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Ch-ch-changes

Here it is, the official third day at my new office. It's funny how we are creatures of habit; how change really unsettles us. I don't think I had trepidation about change prior to my starting, but now that I'm here I constantly remind myself to give it time; to relax and not worry about things running smoothly right away.

It's been 10 years since I've been the new kid, and it feels strange. Like I'm running on a gravel road. I'm trying to watch the road ahead for rocks and ruts, but trying to remember to keep my head up so I can breathe easier. I know that I will learn this stretch of road over time. I will come to welcome certain bumps; certain ruts. I will automatically leap over the rocks that I know are there and have tripped me up before. So I let myself envision how I will feel in 6 weeks; then in 6 months; then in 6 years. And I relax and start to have fun....

-K

3 comments:

Fun Guv said...

I'm sure you'll be awesome there ~ I know how you feel on that whole new kid thing...I'm going thru that myself right now.

Looking forward to seeing you on Saturday!

Kim said...

Thanks, Fun Guv!

Anonymous said...

Hey girl, I was wondering how it was going at "the Credit Union". Changes are hard. We, the poor soles left at the ol' workplace are dealing with that everyday. We, though, have familiar faces that are around us- which ones are left, that is.
Missed you at the Dream Cruise. I forget my phone at the house- oopsy!
I took Friday off and it felt GREAT! But, alas, I will head in today so tomorrow isn't such a headache.
I didn't know you went to see the Police. BEE-atch :) I remember seeing them at Castle Farms- upper lower Michigan. They were GREAT!
Ron and I are going to Aerosmith on the 8th.
Matt and I are rockin out to Van Halen Oct 22. Looking forward to both.
Want to talk about diet. Barb suggested I stop eating all sugar, and fermented foods. No condiments, no salad dressing, no beans, potato,rice. What can I have? Meat and veggies. I has been intersting been eating tons of garlic, onion and avacado, amungst other things. Lots 5lbs in 5 days. Water, bloating obviously. Ron says if I loose 5 lbs or more, he will force feed me Boston Creme Pies! :) I am doing this for MAJOR detox- not the weight loss- not to worry.
Miss you. Even though I didn't get tot see you every day- I knew you were there.
ps. I am going to share your struggles of changes with Matt- I think it might help him hang on and struggle through the first semister.
Love ya,
you know who