Monday, August 07, 2006

My husband, my hero!

I have a new healthy respect for the size of my husband's cojones. As some of you know, we have had a problem with bats in our roof on and off for over 2 years. So far, we treat them like gays in the military. We know you're there, but as long as you don't bother us we'll let you be.

We took steps to seal up most of the house last month, the only thing left to do is fix some gaps in our ridge vent on the roof. I've been meaning to call the roofing company, and we just had some MAJOR motivation to get on the horn after last week:

ONE OF THE BATS GOT INTO THE HOUSE!

There we were, lying on the sofa watching tv, minding our own business. We both heard what sounded like a photo falling off of the refrigerator in the kitchen. Thought nothing of it. Then we heard it again, only a little more. It still didn't register with me that anything was wrong, until I saw the Brown Bastard out of the corner of my eye flying into our great room!

Needless to say, I screamed like a little girl! My husband was very calm as we scrunched down into the couch, but I was going apeshit! As the little f&cker got lower and lower towards our heads, Uwe sent me post-haste to the basement. He opened the door wall in the great room and in the bedroom, but by the time he came back downstairs he couldn't see him. I came out of the basement, and saw it HANGING ON THE BACK OF OUR WINDOW BLINDS! AAAGGGHHH!

Uwe calmly grabbed a fleece car blanket from the front closet, wrapped his hand in it. He then turned the slats of the blind with the chain to get a better angle on it and GRABBED IT! Then he took it out to the balcony and tossed it into the night! That was the most brave thing EVER! I was scared shitless, and he just took control and got rid of the critter like he was taking out the trash.

MY HERO FORVER!

No comments: