Friday, August 11, 2006

The Empire Strikes Bat

The bat saga, part II.

I'll never look at tennis the same way...once again, on Monday night we had a bat intruder. This time, we were sleeping soundly when I woke up around 12:30am. At first I heard the usual scratching noise we always hear when they come in or out of the roof. Then I head that "pffft-pffft" noise of flying. In my hazy stupor, I thought "how can they fly in the roof? there's no room up there"...then I look over at my husband and his eyes are wide open. He slowly turns to me and says in a calm voice "It's in the bedroom".

You all know my reaction the first time this happened (see previous post). But here's the thing about me: Once I'm pissed off, I'm no longer afraid of anything...

So we got out of bed and turned the lights on. Batty McFly was zooming around, having a good ol' time flapping around. Again, we tried to shoo it out of the sliding door in our bedroom, but Dummy Flyjob didn't go for it. So I went to the basement and got the tennis racket.

We both went to the kitchen, and Uwe served up an ace! Smacked the lil' fucker onto the linoleum and held him down, while I threw a towel over the whole mess. Uwe tossed him outside and we cleaned up a little blood on the floor (all together now: ewwwwwwww). Next day of course, he was gone. Either crawled away to die or took to the skies again to wreak havoc on us another day. cue evil laughter BBBWWWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA.....

Hopefully, no Return of the Bat-pie....

3 comments:

Animal said...

Hi again,

Love your blog! You're very humorous and well-spoken.

Bats, contrary to popular legend, won't fly into your hair, and actually have very good eyesight. No need to fear them hitting you "accidentally."

That said: bat shit is REALLY bad for you, and they'll fill your attic/walls with it if they get the chance. Seriously: you can go BLIND from it. So, seal those roof vents and get those bastards outta there.

BTW, I love that you'll type "apeshit" but not "fucker."

Kim said...

Thanks for the compliment, Animal...yet ANOTHER thing I'll go blind from...

Anonymous said...

i love the bat stories, although it sucks for u guys, i like hearing about it. u kno id run ou of the room and never be seen again if i saw a freakin bat in my room