Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Laziness - a benefit? or a negative?

Well, since the dial-up connection is moving at lightning speed tonight, I decided to do a quick post. Yes, Mr. COG and I still live in the dark ages of dial-up. The reasons are there for another post. Suffice it to say, it mostly involves a major grudge with the cable company.

I've been perusing my fellow bloggers'websites tonight. And I've come to a realization about myself: I'm lazy as hell. I read about you all raising children, going back to school, starting a new career, and still having time to blog and have a social life. I have my limitations, and I am not these people. I function quite well at my job; I (mostly) stick to a workout/training routine; I manage our finances and clean the house. But this is the extent of my responsibilites, and the extent of my motivation and capabilities.

Mr. COG and I have no children, so I don't have to come up with the energy to take care of a sick child or worry about their social development or smack them upside the head (proverbially, of course) when they mess up. We (Mr. COG and I) have a nice, healthy relationship that is zero source of stress. I don't spend time fretting over our financial situation, I don't lose sleep over how to manage my time.

My major point here? I really belive God gives you what you can handle. And he knows that I won't paint my nails (so they are in nice condition all on their own); I don't know how to "do" my hair (so it looks pretty good in a natural state). He knows that my stress level is just right for me. So why do I feel like such a slacker?


-K

1 comment:

L*I*S*A said...

Nah, you're not a slacker. Everyone has many things going on in life whether they realize it or not.

I don't paint my nails, either.