Friday, November 16, 2007

Hier ist mein meme

Hi all! Tech issues again, blah blah blah...but I won't let it keep me down, no sir! All for Fun Guv...

So, a week late but hopefully still worth doing...here is my list of 8 random things (thanks, Animal):

1) I can make my right eye go in a different direction than the left if I rub my eye just right. Good party trick, not one that is easily attained but is super creepy when done right. Marty Feldman rules!

2) I absolutely HATE to eat raw tomatos. No slices on my hamburger, no chunks in my salads. Now on the other hand, I love salsa, spaghetti sauce, ketchup and cooked tomatos in my food (chili or stir-fry). Weird, I know. I think I've narrowed it down to a texture thing. Raw tomatos are squishy; like the texture of sushi. Can't stand sashimi either.

3) My secret guilty pleasure is entertainment magazines/tv shows. I'm all over People mag, Life&Style, US, OK and E channel. I'm fully informed on the latest celebutard; the latest DUI arrest; the secret "Is he gay or isn't he?" rumblings. These people make me look like a Noble scientist, and I like feeling superior to their Stupid Human Tricks. Plus, most of them are hot.

4) I am the oldest person in my team at work. Just found this one out today, actually. So basically I work with a bunch of sarcastic, The Office watching young punks. I am 36. So I've taken to prefacing my meeting comments with "Grandma thinks we should..." I've found this pretty effective in cock-blocking the young guns. Needless to say, I have to lock my computer every time I walk away from my desk. Or the entire management staff will be receiving an email from "me"declaring my love for the guy in the next cube.

5) I have a love/hate relationship with pizza. My basic attitude about pizza is that it is like sex: any kind of pizza is good pizza. The hate part of this relationship is the calories. I'm watching my weight (watching it stay the same mostly) and trying to cut calories when I can. Of course, 2 slices of pizza are about 900 calories or more. The amount I want to eat? Easily tops 1500. My daily allotment is 1841 for the day. You do the math. Pizza, you delightful devil...I love you, man.

6) The next door neighbor's dog needs to be rescued, but I'm allergic to dogs and I can't steal him b/c he's next door. The poor thing is left outside for hours at a time (regardless of the weather). He cowers and barks at any human but me. I'll call him to the fence and he'll come running gladly for a little scratch under the chin, but if there is another person with me he'll put down his ears and back away. I'm betting the father over there kicks that poor dog, because he is especially afraid of men (Mr. Gravity). I don't have any hard proof of abuse, but as soon as I do the Humane Society is getting a phone call.

7) I love the Foo Fighters. They are one of my favorite bands. Hard rocking, but not always. But always growing musically. Pick up the latest CD Échoes,Silence and Patience. You won't be disappointed. I really think that Dave Grohl was stifled as part of Nirvana and is a great talent in his own right. Prolific, but doesn't produce junk. Go ahead, argue with me in the comments.

8) I love to spoil Mr. Gravity. It makes me happy beyond belief to buy him some gift (small or large) and surprise him with it. He is such a great person, and I'm lucky to have found him and bagged him. Hopefully I can fool him in to sticking around for 30 more years...wish me luck!

Thanks for the blog fodder, Animal. I'm out!

-K

1 comment:

Mike said...

y'know i read this as well as animal and fun guv???

i with you on the tomato/catsup thing, and salsa...you bet!!