Monday, October 02, 2006

Weddings and other Musings

Great time was had by all this past weekend up in TC. It was wonderful to spend time with my long-time, truest friends. Congratulations again to Jeff and Sue; we knew he'd make an honest woman out of you...

Oddly enough, I never appreciated weddings until I had one of my own. Weddings held the same appeal to me as a new filling or a really long day of shopping. Necessary to go, but really not enjoying it. They did have the promise of booze and a potential hookup, which is more than the dentist had to offer (he's not a good looking man).

But once I planned a wedding and actually walked down the aisle, my attitude changed. Now every wedding we attend brings back memories of that day and all of the warm, fuzzy feelings surrounding it. I have to say, it really was a perfect day. Probably because I told myself for months prior to that it would not be perfect and I shouldn't expect perfection. Perfect weather (sunny, 65 degrees farenheit, good for a notorious sweat-er), perfect setting, lots of family and friends that we both love. It probably helps that I'm deeply in love with my husband; he's my best friend and a great partner in all things small and great (and a good kisser to boot).

So I guess I finally get it, why weddings create such a fuss. It symbolizes what we all need: a reminder that the most important thing in life is love and celebrating it and sharing it.

I guess the other musings have dropped off, catch yáll later...

No comments: