Friday, July 21, 2006

Happy Friday all!

Wishing you and yours a Happy Friday! Anyway, back to me...

I've never appreciated the value of a good night's sleep until I've started sleeping like shit. For the past couple of weeks, my sleep pattern is all jacked up. I wake up pretty much directly after every dream cycle I have, so I'm waking up about 5-7 times per night. At this point, the jacked up sleeping pattern has almost become habit.

So I'm polling the masses (ok, like all 2 of you that read this out there) to PLEASE comment on this post with some sleep ideas. I've tried red wine before bed so far. That works ok, but I can't become a drunk over this! Well, I could, but it would become an expensive habit...and Lord knows I save my money for the Victoria's Secret catalogue and trashy tabloid magazines...

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kim,
Sorry to hear that you have been having problems sleeping. I have been having the same issue as well but I think that I may have a soulution for you.

A few weeks back my neighbor picked up a hot tub for his back yard. After soaking in it for a half hour or so I stumbled back home and fell right asleep. No, I didn't have any drinks while I was there.
It was one of the best nights sleep I had since we moved to our new house. By the way if you haven't noticed, our new house is missing the great garden tub that we had in the old house.
I would suggest taking a nice long bath before you go to bed. It relaxes your body as well as your mind and should cut down on the dreams that are waking you.
Hope this helps.

Good luck,
Rick

Kim said...

Thanks for the suggestion! I need to try that one...

Anonymous said...

Lavender bath and steamy sex. If that doesn't work, then try meditating.

You know who.... :)

Animal said...

Hey Kim,

If you're still reading this far back: red wine only aggravates your digestive system...it doesn't help "put you to sleep" as it were, except for the obvious alcoholic knock-out. In this, our parents (grandparents?) may have had it right: warm milk. (Bleah!)