Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Every little thing he does is magic

Stewart. Copeland. Is. A. God.

I'm still in the afterglow this morning from my drum bliss at the Police concert last night. Fuck those critics who bashed their show saying it "strayed too far" from the original songs. Apparently none of those weenies were old enough to see them the first time around, or bothered to listen to their live CD to know THAT IS HOW THEY PLAY LIVE.

I about peed my drawers on "Wrapped around your finger" and "Every little thing she does is magic". The musicianship was amazing. I've determined that Stewart is a jazz drummer performing with a rock band. His ability to juggle mulitple rythmes at once just kills me. I swear at one point every limb he had was going to a different cadence! Plus, he had a killer setup with a standard kit in the front and a second riser in the back with more goodies to play with. Unbelievable. Mr. Gravity noted that Copeland played with (what looked like) golf gloves on both hands. Hee.

I can't give Copeland all of the credit, because Andy Summers brought it as well. He was dead on with his guitar solos. He isn't as animated as the rest of the group, but then again he never was. During one of the solos, I thought about Mike trying to imitate THAT on Guitar Hero! HA!

They definetely play larger than 2 guitars and a kit. The compensation for not having a keyboard or a second lead guitar was just great (and I'm sure a lot of work). Not a disappointment, that's for sure! I didn't appreciate the nuances of this band the first time around, but I do now. Guys, I'll never take you for granted again.

I'm exhausted this morning, but not from the concert (we made it home by 11pm). Mr. Gravity had to scare a racoon off the roof around 4am this morning by throwing rocks and shining the flashlight at it. I woke up thinking we had an alien invasion outside with the banging and the light show. After about 20 stubborn minutes, the bugger went away. At least Mr. G didn't need to turn the hose on 'em. Plus, I'm not sure if our water pressure would've hit the peak of our roof (yes, he was parked at the peak). Needless to say, sleep wasn't really premium after that...oh well, that's what the weekend is for!

later!

No comments: