Thursday, September 04, 2008

The space between....

Is apparently not enough. Just found out I have a herniated disc between my L5 and S1 vertebrae. From what I understand so far, those two vertebrae (for me) have a smaller space than normal (and also smaller than the rest of my spine).

So, right now I have to put on my Patience Pants and let the physical therapy do its work. For those of you that personally know me, you realize what a challenge that is going to be. After asking the therapist how long this will take to heal, I believe the phrase "weeks or months" came out of his cake hole. If he wasn't such a nice young kid I would've kicked him with my good leg. Plus, I can't run right now so he probably could have gotten away. :(

I realize that I'm a bad patient. Or rather, emotionally I'm a bad patient. Mostly those that come in contact with me would say I'm handling this with a sense of humor and resignation. But that isn't how I feel inside. Right now I would say I'm a functional depressed person. That is, I fulfill my work and social obligations, but I'm not very happy right now. The thought of doing something that requires effort is just too much to bear, let alone do. So right now I'm a lazy SOB, and I reserve the right to be one until I recover from this bullshit.

The End.

-K

3 comments:

Animal said...

Laze away, COG. And heal.

:-)

Anonymous said...

Hey Girl, who isn't feeling like crap these days. ...and no I am not saying you shouldn't be able to feel that way. (btw, I am sorry you are going thru all that crap). Is your PT trying any kind of stretching...yoga?? There is a pilati's (sp) machine out there that actually stretches you...maybe it could help?? I am back from FLA from my Uncles funeral. All went well, but as expected brought back memories of my Dad for my Mom. Not sure of her moving up here yet....Things are looking pretty glim in suite 450 these days. We are all just hoping that snoopy is good to us and doesn't put us in the dog house. Matt starts a new job tomorrow as a host at Branns. Fun stuff!! :)
We need to meet for dinner sometime. choi for now chica

mohamed said...



سحر اللمسات افضل شركة جبس بورد بالرياض وتعمل في مجال الديكورات الجبسيه في الرياض ولديها افضلشركة جبس بالرياض
وتعمل جميع أنواع جبس بورد الرياض ولديه فروف في أفضلشركة تنسيق حدائق بالرياض ومن أفضل شركات
للاتصال0500958844 0500958844