Monday, April 28, 2008

Vacation - YES!

I'm typing this message to you as a relaxed, rejuvenated blogger. Mr. COG and I just returned from our week vacation to the fine state of Tennessee. We spent time hiking the Smoky Mountains, driving the Mini on the Tail of the Dragon (Google it), and just hanging out.

I'm now on a trip for business, but will finally be home soon to get settled in. Mr. COG was left with the laundry basket and as a conselation prize, the remote control. I'm sure he'll be just fine without me for a few days...

Some of you may or may not know that I am a die-hard Pistons fan. As I was waiting for my (delayed) flight last night, I watched the first half of Game 4 with the Sixers. I thought for sure that Detroit had once again f**ked up, didn't show up, and was going to lose. Much to my surprise, I find out today that they actually won the game. For a team this good, why do they have to let the first round series go to 6 or 7 games? Two words: LA-ZY. Their sense of entitlement to a championship kills me every May/June. They won in 2004 b/c they had a ginormous chip on their collective shoulders, but haven't been able to replicate that fire since then. Mr. Billups (et al): No one is going to hand you dick shit. You need to work for it, and the talent pool has gone up considerately since last year. Don't be the team caught flat-footed and showing your age. This is going to be one of the last opportunities for you to capitilize on these 5 starters, so you damn well better put forth the effort. Your fans are tired of the laziness shown (I'm looking at you, Rasheed Wallace) and the lack of enthusiasm. Take a lesson from Antonio McDyess. The guy breaks his nose, flies to Detroit for surgery and is back in Philly for the next playoff game giving it his all. Antonio for MVP.

-COG

1 comment:

Animal said...

The REMOTE was the consolation prize?!? Geez, where I come from, that's a little lame. Maybe a Pocket Pussy ought to be the consolation prize, and the friggin' REMOTE should be, like, 14th runner-up.

;-)